Happy Friday everyone! After a long week, we’re ready to hit the beach this weekend…which got us naturally thinking about all the beach weddings coming up this summer. If sandy, sunny nuptials sound like a tropical dream, we’ve put together a few must-haves that let you celebrate in style!
Let’s tackle centerpieces first. Beach weddings can range from chic and casual to refined elegance. Whatever your style, use your natural surroundings as your decor manual. Simple touches like natural sugar starfish (also work great for invitations and place card holders), tabletop tiki torches, or even natural driftwood branches used as table decorations play up on the beachy vibe. Charger plates add a pop of color and texture to your table scape in pretty beach colors such as aqua blue charger plates, ocean blue charger plates. Or embrace beach chic style with rattan chargers in brick brown, honey brown, or sand brown.
With a carefree and relaxed vibe, beach weddings often leave guests with a feeling of not wanting to return home to the “real world” right away. Therefore, give your guests mementos that will remind them of their seaside vacation. Candies in starfish burlap favor bags or personalized favor bags, personalized tote bags, and key chain favors such as starfish chains, mini flip flops are always favorites.
Finally, event decorations can really tie your whole celebration together. Play off the natural beauty of the sea and sand, and palm trees and tropical flowers. You can choose big decor pieces for maximum impact such as seashell driftwood garlands, driftwood garlands, tiered chandeliers in blue capiz shell, parasols, and personalized photo backdrops.
In end, a little creativity and inspiration will go a long way to creating the beach wedding of your dreams! Check out our Pinterest board for more ideas!
Today, we continue our look at favorite must-haves for your next summer bash. With summer just around the corner these days, it’s never too early to start planning. Our picks below are versatile and vibrant – perfect for those hot summer days and cool summer nights – but also easily adaptable to any celebration year-round. BBQs, beach weddings, and graduation parties…the season is about to begin!
1. Fans – A variety of colors and textures such as sandalwood, raffia fans, or folding paper fans are a perfect complement to a sunny outdoor wedding or garden party. We love that they can also double as take-home favors too!
2. Apothecary Jars – Known for their aesthetic appeal, apothecary jars are a stylish addition to any party. Cluster a few jars in various shapes and sizes for a whimsical centerpiece. Alternate each centerpiece by alternately filling the jars with candy, cookies, or even spices, thereby leaving each table with a distinctive look. And of course – if you are planning a candy bar, then these jars practically required!
3. Burlap – We’ve seen burlap as a mainstay decor fabric used in many weddings and other events. However, now in addition to traditional burlap table covers, burlap runners, and burlap ribbon, burlap is also available in countless other forms as well! Elegant chair sashes, trendy tote bags, and go-to favor bags (including imprinted burlap favor bags) are great ways to add a subtle touch of vintage charm. Burlap perfectly complements the bright hues of summer so don’t be afraid to showcase this on-trend fabric.
4. Submersible Floralytes – vibrant and color changing, submersible floralytes are must-have for nighttime summer event! They provide the ample illumination to centerpieces such as floral arrangements and ice sculptures and also work as a replacement for candle votives. Ideal for an outdoor wedding reception under the stars!
Be sure to check out our Pinterest boards for more summer-time party decor ideas!
Happy Friday everyone! Though we’re midst of enjoying spring’s first blooms and cool temperatures, we’re also looking ahead to what summer 2013 has in store for us! Weddings, BBQs, graduation parties, and other festive summer bashes is a time to savor the summer sun and indulge in the warm weather with family and friends. And putting together a decor scheme that emphasizes summer’s spirit is easy with just a few favorite pieces – read on below for our summer-must-haves.
1. Bali Umbrellas – Add a vibrant colorful touch to table tops with these made-for-summer decor pieces. Whether you mix and match a few colors or add a hodgepodge of several different colors, the overall effect is simply stunning. They work especially well at outdoor events, both during the day and night.
2. Tiki Torches – Of course no summer event is complete without festive Polynesian tiki torches! Our new favorites are the table top tiki torches which serve a dual purpose – a decorative touch that provides light for those summer luaus or beach-themed weddings. You can also substitute mini bamboo tabletop tiki torches at your next outdoor bash.
3. Lattice Hanging Candle Holders – Intricately-designed candle holders add that extra touch of glamour and inviting ambience to any event. The warm glow of soft candlelight shining through these patterned candle holders can also be used as centerpieces themselves – just add a few silk rose petals for a romantic touch.
4. Paper Lanterns – Whether round, square, battery-operated, or even star shaped, paper lanterns are practically a summer must-have. It’s a quick and easy way to add an instantaneous pop of color! White paper lanterns are the most popular, bringing easy elegance to any party, but also consider mixing and matching colors, shapes, and textures for festive look that’s at once creative, whimsical, and just pure summer bliss!
We’ll be back next week with our remaining picks for top summer trends in party decor!
Happy Friday everyone! The weekend is almost upon us and we’re looking forward to the relaxation ahead! Now that we are in the midst of spring, many of you may have bridal showers lined up to attend over the next couple of weeks. Or perhaps you will be playing hostess for a loved one’s shower or as a bride, you are looking for some inspiration and ideas. With this in mind, we’ve put together a few decor ideas and themes that can help you along the way.
The first step is to decide on the theme or ambience for your bridal shower (also dependent on your choice of venue). For instance, you’re feeling the modern vibe then stick to a color scheme of muted tones and greys with accents of gold, silver, or bronze. Eiffel towers add an instant sleek modern touch. Or you could go for a more traditional and true favorite approach and host a brunch or tea party. In this case, edible favors compliment perfectly with a fete centered around a meal.
Next, plan out the menu. As mentioned above, brunches and teas are traditional favorites but don’t be afraid to try something new. Does the bride love a good party? Consider hosting a cocktail hour bridal shower. A variety of cocktail glasses and drinkware infuses a celebratory mood that guests will appreciate.
Create a signature cocktail featuring the bride’s favorite drink – a twist on a margarita or martini will be a sure hit. Add hand written menus on paper or chalkboards. When it comes to desserts, you can keep it simple but charmingly festive with an old-fashioned cookie bar or platters of ice cream sandwiches.
Finally, don’t be afraid to experiment with themes and decor. A vintage themed wedding does not require a similarly themed bridal shower. Showers are a time when friends and family of the bride gather for an intimate party of cheer and merriment. However and wherever you choose to host the bridal shower, be sure to remember it’s all about creating beautiful memories.
Lately, we’ve been noticing runways and fashion magazines filled with a particular trend we wholeheartedly embrace: ruffles!
From skirts, shirts, purses, and even bridal gowns, it seems that everyone is ready to embrace this ultra elegantly feminine detail. Seeing ruffles everywhere got us thinking how to incorporate ruffles into wedding decor. Ruffles are perfect to infuse a little femininity into a modern or casual wedding. A few of our favorite ideas below:
1. Are you planning to treat your guests to a candy buffet? Consider using ruffled table linens, such as overlays or table runners. Though the focus remains on the scrumptious candy display, ruffled linens add a pop of elegant detailing.
2. Play with ruffles at your reception by ditching standard chair covers and throwing a ruffled cover over the chair back instead. It’s a sure way to add immediate texture and depth to your overall reception decor.
3. An easy DIY idea to go big on ruffles – check your local fabric store for a big ruffled piece that is large enough to be used as a backdrop. Hang this piece as a textured backdrop for your candy table, dessert bar, or behind your cake display. It’s guaranteed to instantly grab your guests’ attention.
4. Pair ruffles and flowers together! Another fun DIY idea – wrap ruffled fabric around vases that will servce as your centerpieces. You can choose colors that either complement the flowers or the overall decor scheme. You can also wrap the fabric around votives that use LED for an ultra-glam look.
These are just a few of our ideas but we’d love to hear more from you. You can also scour our Pinterest board for more ideas!
Though we’ve not yet hit the warmer months, you’ve probably noticed a particular shade of yellow popping up everywhere these days.
Lemon yellow is shaping up to be one of the hottest color trends of the season. Fresh and spunky, lemon yellow works both as an accent color or main color. It works especially well for summer weddings when the season calls for bold and bright colors. Check out some of our favorite decor ideas below.
For a nighttime outdoor wedding reception, we love lemon yellow hanging decor pieces like lemon yellow nylon lanterns or yellow tissue paper pom poms.
Save money on centerpiece flowers and fill cylinder vases with lemons instead. Or hang yellow kissing ball pomanders from chairs for a subtle decor touch. We also love the idea of an elegantly decorated aisle lined with shepherd’s hooks with hanging lemon yellow pomanders.
Don’t forget to add to the dessert table! Cupcake wrappers festooned in lemon yellow served side-by-side to lemon bars will showcase your dessert bar in just the right amount of sunny brightness.
If you’re afraid to go big on lemon yellow, try using the color sporadically in just a few places. For instance, yellow confetti spread over reception tables or the dessert table adds just the right amount of color to your tablescape. Or save the pop of color for your take home favors – add yellow personalized labels for candy boxes or tie them with bright yellow ribbon.
However you decide to incorporate lemon yellow into your special day, let us know! We’d love to hear your ideas.
While our previous post focused on candy buffet basics, today we look to the decor details that can turn your candy buffet from ordinary to extraordinary!
Every candy buffet begins with candy of course, but with so much to choose from it’s best to start small. Decide on a color palette or theme (vintage candy, sports-themed candy) and go from there. From there, you can go about setting your buffet table.
It’s best to have some bulk candy on hand to fill various jars and bowls. But we like adding a little variety to our candy buffets by including dessert treats like cookies, cupcakes, or even macaroons. Add personalized favor tags and labels around cupcake boxes or candy jars. Decorate around the jars of candy with mason jars filled with vintage paper drinking straws or lollipops.
It’s all about the details so don’t forget to add small decor pieces like cupcake toppers or mini paper flag picks. Depending on your theme, tie burlap ribbon or satin ribbon around candy jars to accent your color palette.
Finish off the buffet table with decorative accents like pinwheels, tissue paper pom poms, and even hanging paper lanterns.
With candy buffets, the possibilities are endless. Guests are treated to a visual treat while indulging their sweet tooth. Let us know if you’re planning a candy buffet for your next baby shower, bridal shower, or wedding – we’d love to see your imagination in action!
Happy Monday everyone! Hope you are ready to start a wonderful week! To get your Monday off to a right start right, we’re introducing a little color inspiration.
You may have noticed a certain color popping up almost everywhere lately. From fashion to stationary to colorful desserts, MINT has become the IT color of the season! We couldn’t be happier for mint is versatile, fresh, and oh-so-lovely.
Incorporate mint into any aspect of your wedding. Play up mint fashionably – we love the idea of mint bridesmaid dresses, flower girl dresses tied with mint sashes, mint colored shoes peaking out from under your wedding dress, and even a mint colored party dress for the after-party!
Love dessert tables and candy buffets? Set up a mint-colored wonderland with vintage paper drinking straws, cupcake wrappers, and bulk candy. Go all the way with the mint theme and serve up chocolate after-dinner mints, mint chocolate-chip cookies, and even mint-flavored tea.
With party decor, use mint as an accent color rather than as the base color. Pair mint with blush, ivory, or gold for maximum effect.
If your wedding palette incorporates other colors, then consider using mint at your bridal shower instead. Tissue paper pom poms and kissing ball pomanders provide just the right amount of decor detail for an intimate affair.
Let us know how you plan to use mint at your next event! Check out our Pinterest board for more ideas!
Thinking about having a rustic style wedding? If so, here are ten reasons why a rustic celebration might particularly suit your style:
1. If you’re a DIY kind of bride, a rustic wedding is perfect for your creative impulses. Simple homemade touches tie a rustic theme together and can be done using what you have lying around the house.
2. Going rustic allows you to play with a variety of textures – think bark, birch, burlap, lace, twine, and more. The essence of rusticity is the lack of rigid style rules, so feel free to combine your favorite lace runner with that burlap table cover!
3. A rustic wedding creates a sense of nostalgia that allows for a brief respite from reality. Creating an atmosphere of a bygone era is always a welcome escape from everyday life.
4. Leave the tux at the door – choosing a rustic style for your wedding means you can opt for a more casual dress code. Whether that means mismatched bridesmaid dresses, a groom in his favorite pair of sneakers, or cardigans at night when it gets chilly, less formality in dress is perfectly suited to a rustic wedding.
5. Choosing a rustic style decor opens you up to a variety of outdoor spaces for your wedding. You may think you’re restricted to barns and the like, but because rustic style is about small, simple details, practically any outdoor space, from your own backyard to the local park, can be turned into a rustic wonderland.
6. If you love homestyle cuisine, whether catered or homemade yourself (think BBQ), then a rustic style wedding is perfectly suited for your menu choices. Macaroni and cheese, apple pie and ice cream – guests will indulge in comfort food favorites.
7. When it comes to style – you’re a minimalist. For you, small details go a long way – think mason jars filled with lighted candles, simple invitations tied with baker’s twine, and cupcakes sitting atop mini wooden cupcake stands.
8. Choosing a rustic style for your wedding doesn’t mean you have to forgo other styles. It’s easy to incorporate vintage, modern, and even glam elements into your wedding while still maintaining an overall cohesive rustic theme.
9. If at the end of it all, your goal is to create a cozy and intimate atmosphere for you and your guests, then go for a rustic style wedding. Handmade details, personalized touches, and creative decor elements contribute to that warm, celebratory feeling.
10. You are naturally inspired by the outdoors and scenes of uncrowded nature. Because rustic weddings focus on the smaller details, this allows for the natural beauty of your outdoor venue to shine through. Use big sky scenes and mountainous backdrops as pieces of your wedding decor.