It’s the first of May and we are officially in the midst of spring! Warm days, breezy evenings, and a fresh burst of color after a dreary winter are just a few of the reasons why we love spring. Here are a few ideas to help you incorporate the season’s bloom into your next celebration – whether wedding, bridal or baby shower, or birthday party!
1. Retro Paper Drinking Straws – Eco-friendly, biodegradable straws are perfect to dress up dessert tables or candy buffets. They also add a whimsical element to children’s birthday parties in a show stopping colorful way. Mix and match polka dot and stripes of the same shade for a unique look.
2. Tissue Paper Pom Poms – Add an instant pop of color and texture with stylish paper pom poms. Available in mini-sizes as well, tissue paper pom poms can work as either hanging decorations or as tabletop decorations. Perfect for baby or bridal showers, they’re budget friendly and big on decor impact!
3. Satin Rose Embroidered Table Runners – Table runners add an element of chic and elegance to any event. Add in rose embroidered runners and it’s easy to take your event to the next level. Spring colors such as ivory, pink, and green are a sophisticated addition to any spring garden party.
A few spring-inspired decor ideas for your next event – we’ll be back tomorrow with more spring picks! Don’t forget to check out our Pinterest board for more ideas.
Do It Yourself: Jute Glass Bottle Vase
Transform a glass soda bottle into a stunning rustic Jute Vase. Create a positive impact on the earth by using recycled glass bottles and the biodegradable jute to create stylish decor for your next wedding or event. Not only will these DIY Jute Glass Bottle Vases leave a small footprint on the earth, they will also leave an even smaller dent in your wallet.
1. Gather at least 30 feet (30ft) of jute string.
2. Using a hot glue gun, glue one end of the jute string to the bottom edge of the bottle.
3. Place a line of glue around the bottom edge of the bottle and snugly place jute over the glue.
4. Begin tightly wrapping the bottle with jute and apply a small line of glue about every two inches (2″) to secure jute in place.
5. Wrap jute to the top rim of the bottle and glue the end in place.
6. Place a freshly cut flower or small arrangement into the opening of the vase and now you have a unique, eco-friendly jute vase!
- The coils of jute may want to ride up the bottle. Place a line of glue around the entire bottle in those areas to ensure that the jute will securely stay in place.
- While adding each coil of jute pull tightly and push down to be sure that the bottle is completely covered.
- If your string runs short there is no need to worry. Easily glue another strand of jute string where the last piece has ended and continue wrapping, the strands will blend in together.
- Collect used glass bottles from friends and family. Wrap three bottles with different sizes and shapes and combine to create a beautiful centerpiece.
- Pair your upcycled jute bottle with our wooden table numbers, a burlap wrapped glass votive and burlap table runner to create a stunning rustic tablescape.
Happy Friday everyone! After a long week, we’re ready to hit the beach this weekend…which got us naturally thinking about all the beach weddings coming up this summer. If sandy, sunny nuptials sound like a tropical dream, we’ve put together a few must-haves that let you celebrate in style!
Let’s tackle centerpieces first. Beach weddings can range from chic and casual to refined elegance. Whatever your style, use your natural surroundings as your decor manual. Simple touches like natural sugar starfish (also work great for invitations and place card holders), tabletop tiki torches, or even natural driftwood branches used as table decorations play up on the beachy vibe. Charger plates add a pop of color and texture to your table scape in pretty beach colors such as aqua blue charger plates, ocean blue charger plates. Or embrace beach chic style with rattan chargers in brick brown, honey brown, or sand brown.
With a carefree and relaxed vibe, beach weddings often leave guests with a feeling of not wanting to return home to the “real world” right away. Therefore, give your guests mementos that will remind them of their seaside vacation. Candies in starfish burlap favor bags or personalized favor bags, personalized tote bags, and key chain favors such as starfish chains, mini flip flops are always favorites.
Finally, event decorations can really tie your whole celebration together. Play off the natural beauty of the sea and sand, and palm trees and tropical flowers. You can choose big decor pieces for maximum impact such as seashell driftwood garlands, driftwood garlands, tiered chandeliers in blue capiz shell, parasols, and personalized photo backdrops.
In end, a little creativity and inspiration will go a long way to creating the beach wedding of your dreams! Check out our Pinterest board for more ideas!
Today, we continue our look at favorite must-haves for your next summer bash. With summer just around the corner these days, it’s never too early to start planning. Our picks below are versatile and vibrant – perfect for those hot summer days and cool summer nights – but also easily adaptable to any celebration year-round. BBQs, beach weddings, and graduation parties…the season is about to begin!
1. Fans – A variety of colors and textures such as sandalwood, raffia fans, or folding paper fans are a perfect complement to a sunny outdoor wedding or garden party. We love that they can also double as take-home favors too!
2. Apothecary Jars – Known for their aesthetic appeal, apothecary jars are a stylish addition to any party. Cluster a few jars in various shapes and sizes for a whimsical centerpiece. Alternate each centerpiece by alternately filling the jars with candy, cookies, or even spices, thereby leaving each table with a distinctive look. And of course – if you are planning a candy bar, then these jars practically required!
3. Burlap – We’ve seen burlap as a mainstay decor fabric used in many weddings and other events. However, now in addition to traditional burlap table covers, burlap runners, and burlap ribbon, burlap is also available in countless other forms as well! Elegant chair sashes, trendy tote bags, and go-to favor bags (including imprinted burlap favor bags) are great ways to add a subtle touch of vintage charm. Burlap perfectly complements the bright hues of summer so don’t be afraid to showcase this on-trend fabric.
4. Submersible Floralytes – vibrant and color changing, submersible floralytes are must-have for nighttime summer event! They provide the ample illumination to centerpieces such as floral arrangements and ice sculptures and also work as a replacement for candle votives. Ideal for an outdoor wedding reception under the stars!
Be sure to check out our Pinterest boards for more summer-time party decor ideas!
Happy Friday everyone! Though we’re midst of enjoying spring’s first blooms and cool temperatures, we’re also looking ahead to what summer 2013 has in store for us! Weddings, BBQs, graduation parties, and other festive summer bashes is a time to savor the summer sun and indulge in the warm weather with family and friends. And putting together a decor scheme that emphasizes summer’s spirit is easy with just a few favorite pieces – read on below for our summer-must-haves.
1. Bali Umbrellas – Add a vibrant colorful touch to table tops with these made-for-summer decor pieces. Whether you mix and match a few colors or add a hodgepodge of several different colors, the overall effect is simply stunning. They work especially well at outdoor events, both during the day and night.
2. Tiki Torches – Of course no summer event is complete without festive Polynesian tiki torches! Our new favorites are the table top tiki torches which serve a dual purpose – a decorative touch that provides light for those summer luaus or beach-themed weddings. You can also substitute mini bamboo tabletop tiki torches at your next outdoor bash.
3. Lattice Hanging Candle Holders – Intricately-designed candle holders add that extra touch of glamour and inviting ambience to any event. The warm glow of soft candlelight shining through these patterned candle holders can also be used as centerpieces themselves – just add a few silk rose petals for a romantic touch.
4. Paper Lanterns – Whether round, square, battery-operated, or even star shaped, paper lanterns are practically a summer must-have. It’s a quick and easy way to add an instantaneous pop of color! White paper lanterns are the most popular, bringing easy elegance to any party, but also consider mixing and matching colors, shapes, and textures for festive look that’s at once creative, whimsical, and just pure summer bliss!
We’ll be back next week with our remaining picks for top summer trends in party decor!
One of our favorite leisure activities is to soak up some color inspiration from our surroundings – whether from nature, urban sprawl, or even in our own homes. Lately, we’ve really been feeling “cool” toned colors such as teal, violet, peacock blue, and aqua. Coincidentally, these are some of today’s hottest wedding colors!
Colors such as teal and peacock blue exude a calming and serene vibe. At the same time however, these jewel tones also add a touch of royal glam. The easiest way to make a big, bold, and cool color statement is with charger plates. Whether you stick to traditional charger plates or glass charger plate designs such as flora chargers or ripple glass chargers, this is an instant way to add big color to your table scape.
You can also bring in cooler colors, such as aqua, turquoise, and navy, as accent colors in your wedding decor – think small but significant pieces such as tissue paper pom poms, diamond crystal garlands hanging from manzanita tree centerpieces, or a candy buffet dressed to the nines in blues and greens (a perfect time to bring out those blue M&Ms!)
When it comes to favors, tiffany blue favor boxes or personalized pyramid favor boxes brimming with sweet candies are always a favorite with guests.
Mix and match cool colors together – violet with navy or aqua and green – and leave the overall decor effect feeling vibrant without being too overpowering. These colors work especially well for summer weddings – a perfect contrast to the hot summer sun! Check out our Pinterest board for some more color inspiration ideas!
Lately, we’ve been noticing runways and fashion magazines filled with a particular trend we wholeheartedly embrace: ruffles!
From skirts, shirts, purses, and even bridal gowns, it seems that everyone is ready to embrace this ultra elegantly feminine detail. Seeing ruffles everywhere got us thinking how to incorporate ruffles into wedding decor. Ruffles are perfect to infuse a little femininity into a modern or casual wedding. A few of our favorite ideas below:
1. Are you planning to treat your guests to a candy buffet? Consider using ruffled table linens, such as overlays or table runners. Though the focus remains on the scrumptious candy display, ruffled linens add a pop of elegant detailing.
2. Play with ruffles at your reception by ditching standard chair covers and throwing a ruffled cover over the chair back instead. It’s a sure way to add immediate texture and depth to your overall reception decor.
3. An easy DIY idea to go big on ruffles – check your local fabric store for a big ruffled piece that is large enough to be used as a backdrop. Hang this piece as a textured backdrop for your candy table, dessert bar, or behind your cake display. It’s guaranteed to instantly grab your guests’ attention.
4. Pair ruffles and flowers together! Another fun DIY idea – wrap ruffled fabric around vases that will servce as your centerpieces. You can choose colors that either complement the flowers or the overall decor scheme. You can also wrap the fabric around votives that use LED for an ultra-glam look.
These are just a few of our ideas but we’d love to hear more from you. You can also scour our Pinterest board for more ideas!
Budget is a huge consideration when planning your big day and your wedding florals are a significant portion of that budget. Your wedding flowers will be one of the most photographed details of your wedding so it’s understandable why you want to spend the time and money. However, with a little creativity you can achieve an exquisite floral look without breaking the bank.
1. Go Green
Consider using more greenery than flowers in your centerpieces. Using flowers as accent pieces in your centerpieces rather than as the main focus allows you to incorporate your favorite florals in a budget-friendly way. Succulents are another way to add a trendy green vibe – use them in centerpieces, wedding bouquets, or boutonnieres!
2. Use Substitutes
Many times, you can swap one type of flower for another less expensive flower. For example, swap calla lilies for tulips, which are similar in shape. If you love the style of orchids, switch cymbidium orchids out for less expensive dendrobium orchids. Lavender and daffodil are also excellent substitutes.
3. Kissing Ball Pomanders
Wood curl kissing ball pomanders add instant color and texture to your wedding style without breaking the bank. Pomanders are especially versatile – use them to adorn pews, as bouquets, or as centerpieces. You can also combine them with fresh flowers or crystal elements for a dramatic reception decor look.
4. Silk Flowers
Sometimes you may come across a gorgeous floral arrangement and find yourself asking if the flowers are real or fake. Silk flowers are extremely convenient because they don’t wilt or require water, are lightweight and thus easier to handle and transport, and are durable in any setting. They’re also just as gorgeous as the real thing!
Remember, it’s possible to have the wedding of your dreams on a budget with a little creativity and planning! Scour our Pinterest board for more ideas!
Older Posts »
Looking to add holiday cheer to your Christmas tablescape this year? Check out our tips on how to dress the perfect table!
Lay the foundation
Start with white table linens as white easily showcases all the color and texture you’ll be adding to the table. Get creative with your linens – try layering regular white linen with white organza or sheer fabric also in white. It’s an easy way to add instant texture to your tablescape.
Set the mood with lighting
Next decide on ambience – are you setting a busy buffet table bustling with guests and merriment? Then go for large candelabras that can hold five or more taper candles for a “wow” lighting effect. Candelabras add an instant old world touch, but colored in white, they also bring a splash of modern glam.
If you are hosting an intimate sit down holiday dinner, then set the mood with votive candles or floating candles. Space the candles sporadically on the table to create an informal, festive mood. Or line your dining room with twinkle lights, turn off the dining room lights, and dine by the soft glow of twinkle lights!
Now comes the time to add the big pieces! Use colorful charger plates to add an easy pop of color to your tablescape. Go traditional with green and red or silver and gold charger plates. Or get creative and play with colors that fit your fancy. Because you’re using white table linens as your backdrop, charger plates in any color will work.
You can also add different forms of texture by incorporating willow, branches, and even florals to the table.
Finally, don’t forget everyone’s favorite component of the holiday table – fun, festive, and delicious food!