It’s the first of May and we are officially in the midst of spring! Warm days, breezy evenings, and a fresh burst of color after a dreary winter are just a few of the reasons why we love spring. Here are a few ideas to help you incorporate the season’s bloom into your next celebration – whether wedding, bridal or baby shower, or birthday party!
1. Retro Paper Drinking Straws – Eco-friendly, biodegradable straws are perfect to dress up dessert tables or candy buffets. They also add a whimsical element to children’s birthday parties in a show stopping colorful way. Mix and match polka dot and stripes of the same shade for a unique look.
2. Tissue Paper Pom Poms – Add an instant pop of color and texture with stylish paper pom poms. Available in mini-sizes as well, tissue paper pom poms can work as either hanging decorations or as tabletop decorations. Perfect for baby or bridal showers, they’re budget friendly and big on decor impact!
3. Satin Rose Embroidered Table Runners – Table runners add an element of chic and elegance to any event. Add in rose embroidered runners and it’s easy to take your event to the next level. Spring colors such as ivory, pink, and green are a sophisticated addition to any spring garden party.
A few spring-inspired decor ideas for your next event – we’ll be back tomorrow with more spring picks! Don’t forget to check out our Pinterest board for more ideas.
Do It Yourself: Jute Glass Bottle Vase
Transform a glass soda bottle into a stunning rustic Jute Vase. Create a positive impact on the earth by using recycled glass bottles and the biodegradable jute to create stylish decor for your next wedding or event. Not only will these DIY Jute Glass Bottle Vases leave a small footprint on the earth, they will also leave an even smaller dent in your wallet.
1. Gather at least 30 feet (30ft) of jute string.
2. Using a hot glue gun, glue one end of the jute string to the bottom edge of the bottle.
3. Place a line of glue around the bottom edge of the bottle and snugly place jute over the glue.
4. Begin tightly wrapping the bottle with jute and apply a small line of glue about every two inches (2″) to secure jute in place.
5. Wrap jute to the top rim of the bottle and glue the end in place.
6. Place a freshly cut flower or small arrangement into the opening of the vase and now you have a unique, eco-friendly jute vase!
- The coils of jute may want to ride up the bottle. Place a line of glue around the entire bottle in those areas to ensure that the jute will securely stay in place.
- While adding each coil of jute pull tightly and push down to be sure that the bottle is completely covered.
- If your string runs short there is no need to worry. Easily glue another strand of jute string where the last piece has ended and continue wrapping, the strands will blend in together.
- Collect used glass bottles from friends and family. Wrap three bottles with different sizes and shapes and combine to create a beautiful centerpiece.
- Pair your upcycled jute bottle with our wooden table numbers, a burlap wrapped glass votive and burlap table runner to create a stunning rustic tablescape.
Happy Friday everyone! After a long week, we’re ready to hit the beach this weekend…which got us naturally thinking about all the beach weddings coming up this summer. If sandy, sunny nuptials sound like a tropical dream, we’ve put together a few must-haves that let you celebrate in style!
Let’s tackle centerpieces first. Beach weddings can range from chic and casual to refined elegance. Whatever your style, use your natural surroundings as your decor manual. Simple touches like natural sugar starfish (also work great for invitations and place card holders), tabletop tiki torches, or even natural driftwood branches used as table decorations play up on the beachy vibe. Charger plates add a pop of color and texture to your table scape in pretty beach colors such as aqua blue charger plates, ocean blue charger plates. Or embrace beach chic style with rattan chargers in brick brown, honey brown, or sand brown.
With a carefree and relaxed vibe, beach weddings often leave guests with a feeling of not wanting to return home to the “real world” right away. Therefore, give your guests mementos that will remind them of their seaside vacation. Candies in starfish burlap favor bags or personalized favor bags, personalized tote bags, and key chain favors such as starfish chains, mini flip flops are always favorites.
Finally, event decorations can really tie your whole celebration together. Play off the natural beauty of the sea and sand, and palm trees and tropical flowers. You can choose big decor pieces for maximum impact such as seashell driftwood garlands, driftwood garlands, tiered chandeliers in blue capiz shell, parasols, and personalized photo backdrops.
In end, a little creativity and inspiration will go a long way to creating the beach wedding of your dreams! Check out our Pinterest board for more ideas!
Today, we continue our look at favorite must-haves for your next summer bash. With summer just around the corner these days, it’s never too early to start planning. Our picks below are versatile and vibrant – perfect for those hot summer days and cool summer nights – but also easily adaptable to any celebration year-round. BBQs, beach weddings, and graduation parties…the season is about to begin!
1. Fans – A variety of colors and textures such as sandalwood, raffia fans, or folding paper fans are a perfect complement to a sunny outdoor wedding or garden party. We love that they can also double as take-home favors too!
2. Apothecary Jars – Known for their aesthetic appeal, apothecary jars are a stylish addition to any party. Cluster a few jars in various shapes and sizes for a whimsical centerpiece. Alternate each centerpiece by alternately filling the jars with candy, cookies, or even spices, thereby leaving each table with a distinctive look. And of course – if you are planning a candy bar, then these jars practically required!
3. Burlap – We’ve seen burlap as a mainstay decor fabric used in many weddings and other events. However, now in addition to traditional burlap table covers, burlap runners, and burlap ribbon, burlap is also available in countless other forms as well! Elegant chair sashes, trendy tote bags, and go-to favor bags (including imprinted burlap favor bags) are great ways to add a subtle touch of vintage charm. Burlap perfectly complements the bright hues of summer so don’t be afraid to showcase this on-trend fabric.
4. Submersible Floralytes – vibrant and color changing, submersible floralytes are must-have for nighttime summer event! They provide the ample illumination to centerpieces such as floral arrangements and ice sculptures and also work as a replacement for candle votives. Ideal for an outdoor wedding reception under the stars!
Be sure to check out our Pinterest boards for more summer-time party decor ideas!
Happy Friday everyone! Though we’re midst of enjoying spring’s first blooms and cool temperatures, we’re also looking ahead to what summer 2013 has in store for us! Weddings, BBQs, graduation parties, and other festive summer bashes is a time to savor the summer sun and indulge in the warm weather with family and friends. And putting together a decor scheme that emphasizes summer’s spirit is easy with just a few favorite pieces – read on below for our summer-must-haves.
1. Bali Umbrellas – Add a vibrant colorful touch to table tops with these made-for-summer decor pieces. Whether you mix and match a few colors or add a hodgepodge of several different colors, the overall effect is simply stunning. They work especially well at outdoor events, both during the day and night.
2. Tiki Torches – Of course no summer event is complete without festive Polynesian tiki torches! Our new favorites are the table top tiki torches which serve a dual purpose – a decorative touch that provides light for those summer luaus or beach-themed weddings. You can also substitute mini bamboo tabletop tiki torches at your next outdoor bash.
3. Lattice Hanging Candle Holders – Intricately-designed candle holders add that extra touch of glamour and inviting ambience to any event. The warm glow of soft candlelight shining through these patterned candle holders can also be used as centerpieces themselves – just add a few silk rose petals for a romantic touch.
4. Paper Lanterns – Whether round, square, battery-operated, or even star shaped, paper lanterns are practically a summer must-have. It’s a quick and easy way to add an instantaneous pop of color! White paper lanterns are the most popular, bringing easy elegance to any party, but also consider mixing and matching colors, shapes, and textures for festive look that’s at once creative, whimsical, and just pure summer bliss!
We’ll be back next week with our remaining picks for top summer trends in party decor!
One of our favorite leisure activities is to soak up some color inspiration from our surroundings – whether from nature, urban sprawl, or even in our own homes. Lately, we’ve really been feeling “cool” toned colors such as teal, violet, peacock blue, and aqua. Coincidentally, these are some of today’s hottest wedding colors!
Colors such as teal and peacock blue exude a calming and serene vibe. At the same time however, these jewel tones also add a touch of royal glam. The easiest way to make a big, bold, and cool color statement is with charger plates. Whether you stick to traditional charger plates or glass charger plate designs such as flora chargers or ripple glass chargers, this is an instant way to add big color to your table scape.
You can also bring in cooler colors, such as aqua, turquoise, and navy, as accent colors in your wedding decor – think small but significant pieces such as tissue paper pom poms, diamond crystal garlands hanging from manzanita tree centerpieces, or a candy buffet dressed to the nines in blues and greens (a perfect time to bring out those blue M&Ms!)
When it comes to favors, tiffany blue favor boxes or personalized pyramid favor boxes brimming with sweet candies are always a favorite with guests.
Mix and match cool colors together – violet with navy or aqua and green – and leave the overall decor effect feeling vibrant without being too overpowering. These colors work especially well for summer weddings – a perfect contrast to the hot summer sun! Check out our Pinterest board for some more color inspiration ideas!
Now that spring and summer are just around the corner, it’s the perfect time to explore new wedding trends! One particular trend we see gaining in popularity these days is the concept of “cocktail weddings”. This concept forgoes the traditional (and more formal) sit-down dinner or buffet in favor of trays of food passed around throughout the event. It’s a complete meal on a small plate while grazing throughout the night. Think tapas at a wedding. Keeping the food coming throughout the night keeps guests happy and satiated without disrupting the flow of the night. Check out some of our favorite cocktail wedding ideas below!
1. Small Bites. Start the event with appetizers as you would at any wedding. Small bite size morsels are perfect – pimento cheese, pickles on food picks, antipasto skewers, goat cheese endive bites, and onion tartlets are just a few of our favorites.
2. The Main Event. Once the event is in full swing, start passing party trays and platters filled with hearty fare like grilled cheese bites (choose breads like challah or pumpernickel matched with brie with pears, cheddar with apple, or spinach pesto with gruyere). Serve shots of soup like gazpacho, butternut squash, or tomato cream.
3. Bubbly Bar. Free-flowing food requires good drinks of course. Consider hosting a champagne bar (another hot wedding trend), also called a “bubbly bar”. It’s an easy and elegant way to give guests a personalized bar option. Serve pineapple, cranberry, or orange juices as non-alchoholic options. Then set out bowls of fresh fruit – blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, and peaches for garnish and extra flavor. It’s a great way to try out different concoctions and keep guests entertained throughout the night.
4. Sweet Tooth. Finally, don’t forget to bring out the sugar bites at the end. Mini cupcakes, macaroons, cake pops, and bite-size brownies all fit the bill when it comes to cocktail weddings. Finish the night off with mini cups of coffee or espresso for a truly satisfying food experience.
Let us know if you’re throwing a wedding cocktail party this year – we’d love to hear your ideas!
Lately, we’ve been noticing runways and fashion magazines filled with a particular trend we wholeheartedly embrace: ruffles!
From skirts, shirts, purses, and even bridal gowns, it seems that everyone is ready to embrace this ultra elegantly feminine detail. Seeing ruffles everywhere got us thinking how to incorporate ruffles into wedding decor. Ruffles are perfect to infuse a little femininity into a modern or casual wedding. A few of our favorite ideas below:
1. Are you planning to treat your guests to a candy buffet? Consider using ruffled table linens, such as overlays or table runners. Though the focus remains on the scrumptious candy display, ruffled linens add a pop of elegant detailing.
2. Play with ruffles at your reception by ditching standard chair covers and throwing a ruffled cover over the chair back instead. It’s a sure way to add immediate texture and depth to your overall reception decor.
3. An easy DIY idea to go big on ruffles – check your local fabric store for a big ruffled piece that is large enough to be used as a backdrop. Hang this piece as a textured backdrop for your candy table, dessert bar, or behind your cake display. It’s guaranteed to instantly grab your guests’ attention.
4. Pair ruffles and flowers together! Another fun DIY idea – wrap ruffled fabric around vases that will servce as your centerpieces. You can choose colors that either complement the flowers or the overall decor scheme. You can also wrap the fabric around votives that use LED for an ultra-glam look.
These are just a few of our ideas but we’d love to hear more from you. You can also scour our Pinterest board for more ideas!
Though we’ve not yet hit the warmer months, you’ve probably noticed a particular shade of yellow popping up everywhere these days.
Lemon yellow is shaping up to be one of the hottest color trends of the season. Fresh and spunky, lemon yellow works both as an accent color or main color. It works especially well for summer weddings when the season calls for bold and bright colors. Check out some of our favorite decor ideas below.
For a nighttime outdoor wedding reception, we love lemon yellow hanging decor pieces like lemon yellow nylon lanterns or yellow tissue paper pom poms.
Save money on centerpiece flowers and fill cylinder vases with lemons instead. Or hang yellow kissing ball pomanders from chairs for a subtle decor touch. We also love the idea of an elegantly decorated aisle lined with shepherd’s hooks with hanging lemon yellow pomanders.
Don’t forget to add to the dessert table! Cupcake wrappers festooned in lemon yellow served side-by-side to lemon bars will showcase your dessert bar in just the right amount of sunny brightness.
If you’re afraid to go big on lemon yellow, try using the color sporadically in just a few places. For instance, yellow confetti spread over reception tables or the dessert table adds just the right amount of color to your tablescape. Or save the pop of color for your take home favors – add yellow personalized labels for candy boxes or tie them with bright yellow ribbon.
However you decide to incorporate lemon yellow into your special day, let us know! We’d love to hear your ideas.
Older Posts »
While our previous post focused on candy buffet basics, today we look to the decor details that can turn your candy buffet from ordinary to extraordinary!
Every candy buffet begins with candy of course, but with so much to choose from it’s best to start small. Decide on a color palette or theme (vintage candy, sports-themed candy) and go from there. From there, you can go about setting your buffet table.
It’s best to have some bulk candy on hand to fill various jars and bowls. But we like adding a little variety to our candy buffets by including dessert treats like cookies, cupcakes, or even macaroons. Add personalized favor tags and labels around cupcake boxes or candy jars. Decorate around the jars of candy with mason jars filled with vintage paper drinking straws or lollipops.
It’s all about the details so don’t forget to add small decor pieces like cupcake toppers or mini paper flag picks. Depending on your theme, tie burlap ribbon or satin ribbon around candy jars to accent your color palette.
Finish off the buffet table with decorative accents like pinwheels, tissue paper pom poms, and even hanging paper lanterns.
With candy buffets, the possibilities are endless. Guests are treated to a visual treat while indulging their sweet tooth. Let us know if you’re planning a candy buffet for your next baby shower, bridal shower, or wedding – we’d love to see your imagination in action!