No one loves a fabulous wedding trend more than we do so it’s about time we started commenting on the beautiful bridal gown trends for 2012. To us, there’s nothing more beautiful than a bride dressed in a white bridal gown with a tiara and heels. The trends and styles that are appearing on the runway and down the aisle are even more amazing than last year. We have a few favorite trends that really take our breath away.
- Birdcage Veils: These vintage style wedding veils are back by popular demand. Brides are pairing them with lace gowns and vintage style silhouettes. Birdcage veils are by far our favorite bridal accessory.
- Tea-Length Dresses: These short wedding dresses are back in style! They’re adorable for beach weddings and perfect for a daytime cocktail hour wedding. If you have a great pair of high heels that you want to show off, the tea length gown is perfect.
- Colored Gowns: Thanks to a few daring wedding dress designers, colored gowns are stealing attention from the traditional white gown. Red, purple and black are among the top contenders for a daring colored wedding dress. Our favorite is the light plum or pink dress that Vera Wang has designed. Why stick to the traditional white dress when you can stand out with a colored gown?
- Glitter and Diamond Accents: More and more wedding dresses are being adorned with glitter and diamond accents. These beautiful rhinestone details create a stunning gown that catches and reflects the sunlight on your wedding day. They tend to cost more but they’re absolutely beautiful. We love seeing a rhinestone belt or rhinestone brooches as waist accents.
- Gorgeous Wedding Shoes: With a few rhinestones strategically placed, gorgeous wedding shoes are being dolled up with special messages. Sky high wedding heels with rhinestones or bold colors can really up your bridal fashion glam. Popular shoe colors are blue and red. We really like the idea of a “something blue” being the wedding shoes peeking out from under the bridal gown!
Bridal fashions are constantly changing and updating but these trends seem to really be catching on. And it makes us really happy to see vintage wedding dresses are making a comeback. Don’t think the men loose out either; retro weddings are popular with bow ties, stopwatches and suspenders. Be sure to follow our blog as we review wedding dress trends, silhouettes and styles.